Today Is National Vanilla Ice Cream Day ! And to celebrate Dot has me making tasty ice cream treats :
- @ C Whipping cream
- 2 C half and Half
- 1 C sugar
- 2 Teasp vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients, stirring to dissolve sugar completely. Fill cylinder of ice cream maker no more than two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate any remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) Serve immediately or store in covered containers in freezer.
Doggie Ice Cream :
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup non-fat unsweetened yogurt (substitute coconut milk or coconut yogurt for dogs who can’t digest milk)
- dash of cinnamon
- splash of maple syrup
- Spoon pumpkin puree into ice cube tray and freeze until solid, about 4 hours.
- In the bowl of your food processor, place the frozen pumpkin, cinnamon, and maple syrup.
- Add about half the yogurt, and pulse until combined.
- Continue to add yogurt or a little water until you get the consistency you want.
- Serve and enjoy!
Cat frozen treats :
- 4 bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup tiny morsel cat food or treats
- Peel bananas, discard banana peels. Put bananas in bowl. Use a fork or a hand mixer to mash bananas completely.
- Layer the mashed bananas and cat food in candy mold. Place candy mold in freezer. Allow to freeze overnight.
- Remove mold from freezer and remove banana bites from mold.