Turkey Left overs Any one – Let’s make Gumbo with Turkey & sausage !
- Take Turkey Bones after pulling meat off. Make Turkey stock with bones.Strain & save.
- Save meat to add later.
- In a pot saute Trinity in butter until soft. ( chopped celery,onions & celery) Add sausage ( cut in bite sizes pieces) Cook for about 10 minutes .
- Add Roux ( 1c flour/! cup oil) ,turkey stock 1 can diced tomatoes & Worcestershire sauce and Season to taste.
- Cook about 1 hours -add Turkey meat & cook about 30 minutes.
- Longer it cooks the better. Or even the next day. Serve over rice, Lisa