Happy Friday ! And February is just around the corner and as usual for us its a busy time of the year ! Today I am sharing some fun and Easy Hear shaped gifts perfect for Valentines but with a little change up can be used for multi of occasions. So get out your stash of fabric or fat quarters . And lets get sewing :
- Use this template – Cut 1 in fabric and 1 in lace
- Ribbon for hanger,
- place two heart pieces together with ribbon in the Sandwich in the middle. Sew together the heart and making sure you catch the hanger and all sides. But leave room to fill with homemade potpourri , Sew shut after you have stuffed your heart.
Potpourri Recipe :
Take your clean dry rose leaves – place in a container sprinkle the mixture with one half teaspoon each of ground cinnamon and ground lavender. Take the potpourri to the next level by sprinkling it with four to five drops of rose essential oil or rosewater. Close the container, and shake. Leave in a warm, dry spot for 24 hours, and then shake again.
Valentine Coffee / Tea Mug Quilt :
I had there Valentine fat quarter from Moda fabrics in my fabric stash. So I made a quick mug rug for all the Coffee/Tea lovers in my life.
Mug rugs are typically any size between a 4 x 7 and a 12 x 8. They are known for being able to place your mug on with a tasty treat such as a croissant, bagel or cookie.
What is a Fat quarter ? They are taken from one yard of fabric,cut in half lengthwise,and then in half width-wise. The dimensions are approximately 18″ x 22
- 4 different valentine fabric
- basic heart pattern /
Stitch Witchery, Heat N Bond, (applique )
- Quilt batty /fleece
- Sewing machine , Iron ,basic sewing supplies
Decide on your size – Mine is finished 4 by 7 .
- (2) base fabric 5 by 8 -giving room to 1/2 inch turn down all edges & iron edged
- 1 red fabric – 4 by 7 and turn down 1/2 inch around all edges /iron,
- batting to fit square
- 2 hearts cut and heat and bond . Follow directions to use heat and bond to attach hearts to read fabric square.
- pin and sew red fabric square to top of your mug square .
- Then Sandwich your mug quilt- By sewing together – bottom layer ,batting and top layer. Quilt as you like. With machine or by hand,
These are basic direction but detail direction ,videos and free patterns can be found on the web using all types of materials and occasions. Have fun and make it your own for someone you love. Lisa