Happy Friday ! Today is National Peanut Cluster Day ! so you know it’s going to be a great day ! This is one of my favorite candies and so easy to make
- 1/2 C mini milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 C dark chocolate chips
- 1 T Oil
- 1 C Peanuts ( or Ra sins )
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Stir in peanuts.
- 2. Drop by teaspoons into 1-inch diameter candy or petit four papers. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator. About 2 dozen candies.
Crock pot version:
- 1 16 oz white almond bark
- 1 16 oz chocolate almond bark
- 1 jar salted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 jar of Un Salted dry toasted peanuts
- In 4-quart or larger slow cooker, place candy coatings. Cover; heat on Low heat setting 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally, until completely melted.
- 2Pour peanuts over melted candy mixture, and stir until coated. Drop by tablespoonsful onto cooking parchment or waxed paper. Allow to set completely, approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Cooking Tips :
- Be sure to keep the slow cooker on Low heat, and stir the candy occasionally to prevent scorching. Also spray with cooking spray before adding ingrediants to keep from sticking to pot.
- Today I am assembling my baskets that will be prizes at our Local Fireman BBQ this Saturday. Filled with items from my new shop.
- Saturday Night to set your clock Forward : Clocks Spring Forward in Time.
- Sunday National Mario Day is observed each year on March 10th and honors Mario from the popular Nintendo game. This gamer holiday is celebrated on March 10 because of the way the date appears, when abbreviated (Mar.10). It looks just like the nameMario.