Every Monday I share a little bit of my week at home – just everyday life
So enjoy my Valentine addition :
- Our local country church-
- Grandma Divinity – recipe below
- Flowers : This terrific small deciduous tree produces large beautiful fragrant reddish purple flowers with a white center. The Jane Magnolia blooms in the late winter to early spring and is hardy in zones 5-9. It is a sun loving tree that usually grows to 10-15 feet high and is easy to grow and maintain. The Jane Magnolia is sure to brighten up any yard.
- Town shot : Through the trees looking at the old water tower.
Easy Microwave Divinity :
- 2-1/4 cups sugar.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs divided
- Place egg whites in the bowl of a heavy-duty stand mixer; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe 2-qt. bowl, combine the sugar, water, corn syrup and salt. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes; stir until sugar is dissolved. Cook 6-8 minutes longer or until a candy thermometer reads 260°(hard-ball stage), stirring every 2 minutes. Just before the temperature is reached, beat egg whites on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- With mixer running on high speed, carefully pour hot syrup in a slow, steady stream into the bowl. Beat just until candy loses its gloss and holds its shape, about 15-20 minutes. Immediately stir in pecans and vanilla. (Do not overmix, or candy will get stiff and crumbly.)
- Working quickly, drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand at room temperature overnight or until dry to the touch. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.