Good Morning ! And if you are going to the parades today . It’s Clear and Cool – so dress in layers. And stay safe out there. Today’s Brunch recipe is for every one in New Orleans :
Cafe Du Monde : Beignet
- 1 c lukewarm water
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature and beaten
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 c evaporated milk
- 4 c bread flour or all purpose flour
- 3 tsp instant active dry yeast
- ·vegetable oil for cooking: use enough oil to completely cover beignets when frying
- ·powdered sugar for dusting
Using a mixer with a dough hook, place water, sugar, salt, egg, butter, evaporated milk, flour, and yeast in the bowl. Beat until smooth.Turn the dough into a lightly oiled bowl and form into an oval. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until well chilled (3 to 4 hours) or overnight.To prepare dough, remove from refrigerator and roll out on a lightly floured board to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into approximately 3-inch squares, triangles, or circles.
In a hurry try this :
Vegetable oil for deep frying
1can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated classic pizza crust
- In deep fat fryer or heavy saucepan, heat 2 inches oil to 350°F.
- Line a plate with paper towels; set aside.
- On lightly floured work surface, roll dough into ball and pat into 8×6-inch rectangle about 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 9 equal pieces using pizza cutter or knife.
- Fry 2 or 3 pieces of dough at a time in hot oil 2 to 3 minutes on each side, turning with slotted spoon, until deep golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle tops with powdered sugar, and serve warm.