Welcome to my Weekend Life. After a busy week with Mardi Gras today we are taking it easy aaaaaand celebrating another month is finish. Happy Birthday to you Leap year babies!!! It’s your day to shine;
On the Brunch Menu : Spinach and Mushroom Omelette
- 1 egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup torn fresh spinach
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and egg whites. Add cheeses, salt, pepper flakes, garlic powder and pepper; mix well. Set aside.
- In an 8-in. nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, green pepper and onion in oil for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Add egg mixture. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Cut into wedges. Serve immediately.
My kitchen tips;
What is the difference between a frying pan and an omelette pan?What’s the difference between an omelette pan and a frying pan? A. An omelette pan usually has slightly sloped sides to make it easier to flip your omelette. A frying pan typically has straight sides, so you can move food around while you’re frying or sautéing without it flying out of the pan.
How long does an omelette take to cook?Tilt the skillet so that the uncooked eggs flow into the open spaces. Cook the omelette for 1 to 2 minutes: The omelette will finish cooking in 1 to 2 minutes.
Do you flip an omelette?Flip and fold the omelette.If your eggs are white on the sides and have begun to solidify in the center, the omelette is ready to be flipped. Gently lift one side with the spatula to fold it in half, and press down on the top to allow the center to stick together.