This week it;s all about Tree trimming and decoration for the Holiday. My Hubby’s birthday was last Saturday and we celebrated with our annual Tree Trimming and Decorating party:
On the Menu
BBQ Sliders with Asian Slaw
Crockpot Pulled Pork Recipe for Sliders
3.5-4.5kg/ 5-7lb pork butt / pork shoulder , bone in, fat cap on (Note 1)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup beer , apple cider or apple juice
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Sweet Baby Ray BBq sauce
- Mix the Rub together, then rub all over the pork.
- Place in a slow cooker, pour over beer. Slow cook on low for 10 hours. Pork should be tender enough to easily shred
Shred pork using 2 forks. Pour over BBQ sauce, toss gently.
Asian Slaw :
- 3 cups green cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup purple cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots julienned
- 2 cups red bell peppers thinly sliced
- 2 green onions
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Combine all slaw ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a separate bowl (or shake in a jar with a lid).
- Toss slaw with dressing. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving