Happy February 1st . If you are new to my site on Thursday I feature great recipes from my kitchen. On the Menu today – Meatball Subs
You may already have a family favorite for meatballs but I keep mine pretty simple-
- 21/2 lb ground meat (70/30)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of trinity ( chopped -oniom,celery,bell pepper)
- 1 C bread crumbs
- Seasoned with Worchester sauce, Creole seasoning & Italian Herb dry blend
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Mix buy hand & form balls
- Place in baking pan & bake 350 about 45 minutes. Mine are baked on the grill. I make a lot at a time. That way we have enough for the next day or after Cooling they can be frozen to be used at another time.
My subs are served on sub buns with tomatoes sauce & cheese . Sauce can be homemade or use your favorite brand of jar sauce. Lisa