Happy Wednesday ! Today on my Food Blog – my recipe is a trifle I am making for the Memorial Day BBQ. Since the ban is lifted for the state our family is getting together for a large outdoors BBQ> Enjoy .. Lisa
- 12-16 oz strawberries
- 12 oz fresh blueberries
- 16 oz homemade or store bought pound cake
- 1-2 cups vanilla pudding (can be scratch-made or store-bought)
- 2 cups whipped cream (can be scratch-made or store-bought)
HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 4 TBSP powdered sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- If using frozen pound cake, thaw according to package instructions. Cut fresh or thawed pound cake into 1-inch cubes.
- To make the homemade whipped cream, first place the beaters from an electric hand mixer and a large glass or stainless steel bowl in freezer. Keep cream in the fridge until ready to whip. While they chill (10-15 minutes) clean and prep berries.
- Once the beaters/bowl have chilled, add cold heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract to your bowl. Start mixing on low speed, increasing the speed to medium-high until soft or stiff peaks form.
- Let’s get our trifle on! Add some cake to the bottom of a bowl or trifle dish. Top with alternating layers of pudding, whipped cream, and fuit. Repeat layers and top with a final dollop of whipped cream and sprinkling of berries. Serve immediately or store covered in refrigerator until ready to serve.