It’s time for our Wednesday Food Blog. In my Kitchen I am focusing on healthy meals with lots of vegetables. A perfect time for a quick and easy sheet pan recipe. This one uses potatoes and spinach but you can swap out any vegetables your family would enjoy… Lisa
- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds), skin removed
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach (about 6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, oil, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika and the remaining salt, rosemary and pepper. Sprinkle chicken with paprika mixture; arrange over vegetables. Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and vegetables are just tender, 35-40 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Top vegetables with spinach. Roast until vegetables are tender and spinach is wilted, 8-10 minutes longer. Stir vegetables to combine; serve with chicken.
Kitchen tips :
Prepare your sheet-pan meal the night before and just pop it into the preheated oven to bake. This helps to deeply flavor the chicken,
Those hearty potatoes certainly aren’t going to cook at the same rate as tender salmon, especially if they’re not trimmed to the right size! If you’re using ingredients with longer cook times, cut them into very small pieces while leaving quicker-cooking foods in larger sizes
Using aluminum foil or parchment paper will maximize the amount of food that makes it onto the plate (and, it keeps cleanup easy).