Welcome to Thursday ! Today -I start my Festival of Holiday with Halloween :
What could be any more fun then a Halloween party for Kids :
Party Begins with some fun party games : Wrap the Mummy
Divide the children into groups of three to five kids. Select one child in each group to be a mummy. Then give the other children a roll of toilet paper or crepe paper. Instruct them to wrap the mummy with the paper, leaving the eyes, nose and mouth uncovered. The first group to be done with their roll of paper, wins.
Some easy crafts : for the classroom :
#1 Using wooden clothes Pins (painted)
Foam sheets ( Cut out shapes or use punches)
#2 Toilet Tissues tubes ( Cut & painted)
Black Scrapbook paper ( Cut Wings for Bat)
Treat Bag & Boxes :
- Paper Bag treat bag ( you can pre make or Let the Kids make with basic supplies.
- White take out boxes ( Dollar Store ) or they come in colors. Make great for Cupcakes or Treats.
- Folded Treat Box from die cut or Pattern Patterns template
Need something cute for the Treat table :
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/2 tsp of Cream of Tartar
- 1 cup of Sugar
- and something like red hots/ icing or mini m&m (to make eyes)
Icing Bag with Large round icing tip .
Baking sheet lined with foil -sprayed with cooking spry :
Pre Heat oven 225 degrees :
- Using an electric mixer, whip the egg whites for a few minutes on high speed until they become frothy (you will see lots of little bubbles).
- Next, add your sugar in small amounts.
- Finally, mix in the cream of tartar.
- Continue to whip the mixture until it gets stiff (meaning that it holds a shape when stopped)
- Place the meringue mixture into an icing bag.
- Using your icing bag and a large round icing tip, continually press the meringue mixture directly down onto the foil. Press down and lift up to create layered stacks for each ghost (release the pressure just a tiny bit, pulling up on your frosting bag at the same time in between each layer).
- Bake them for about 45 minutes or until the tops become a little brown.
After cooling they will be ready to decorate !!!! Lisa
Thursday : I am starting my day off with Halloween treat , gift bags and decorations:
From Krafts : Halloween Desert recipe
2-1/2 cups boiling water, divided
2 pkg. (3 oz. each) JELL-O Orange Flavor Gelatin
2 pkg. (3 oz. each) JELL-O Grape Flavor Gelatin
2 oz. BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
Add 1-1/4 cups boiling water to orange gelatin mixes in medium bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Pour into 8-inch square pan sprayed with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining boiling water and grape gelatin mixes. Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
Meanwhile, melt chocolate as directed on package; cool slightly. Pour into small resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Cut small piece off one bottom corner of bag; use to squeeze chocolate onto waxed-paper covered baking sheets to make 9 spider webs or other Halloween shapes. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm.
Cut gelatin in each pan into 1/2-inch cubes. Layer orange gelatin cubes, half the COOL WHIP and grape gelatin cubes in 9 (6-oz.) plastic cups. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Top parfaits with remaining COOL WHIP and chocolate decorations just before serving.
1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping